See It, Hear It, Read It, Play It!
Join over 100,000 drummers worldwide learning your favorite beats, fills, songs and solos. Get actual personalized feedback as you learn - all with a 90 day 100% money back guarantee!
Over ___ 4K Videos In Every Style!
Whether you're a raw beginner or seasoned pro, we have you covered with step-by-step courses on every topic. Rock, Blues, Metal, Double Bass, Jazz, Rudimental, Hand Drumming, Mallet Percussion and so much more.
Over ___ Playalongs Tracks!
We have playalong tracks in every style you can think of, plus transcriptions of all your favorite songs! You will be jamming in no time to Hard Rock, Funk, RnB, Salsa, Samba, Euro-tech, Country, Swing, Bebop, Klezmer, Celtic and heaps more.
Regular Personalised Feedback!
Unlimited lesson plans and video reviews of your practice are our way of helping you stay on track with your progress. Rest assured the same teacher will watch your progress and offer suggestions and lessons that will keep you on track and motivated.
All The Tools You Need To Improve Your Drumming Plus Personalised Feedback
There's nothing more frustrating than a lesson website where you can access 187 different teachers, but no one is watching what you're doing and guiding you.. where's the constructive feedback? What if you're practicing bad habits? How would you know? With Icanplaydrums PRO we give you unlimited lesson plans and video reviews so you will always be making tangible, guided improvement with one teacher. All delivered through a structured 12 level program, with lessons on all topics/genres, plus 100's of playalong tracks and learning tools.
A 12 level program that guides you every step of the way.
Free website lessons and youtube videos are great, but they leave you no real guidance on what to do next, in order to achieve your long term goals. Our 12 level program ensures you will develop tangible technique, reading ability, knowledge of styles, stagecraft, and the confidence to put it all together on stage or in the studio.
- Drumkit setup & tuning your drums
- Drums: maple vs birch vs mahoghany
- Cymbals: hihats, crashes, splashes, rides, EFX. How sizing affects pitch and sustain.
- Cast vs sheet bronze, hand hammering
- Stick grip: American, German & French
- Rebound, Wrist, Moeller & Push-pull
- Achieving different dynamics and speeds
- Drum Rolls & The 40 Rudiments
- Structured pad workouts
- Heel up vs heel down
- Controlling speeds and dynamics
- Subtleties of the Hihats
- Double Pedals beats & fills
- Rock, Funk, Blues, Gospel, RnB, Shuffles
- 8th, 16th, Triplet , 16th Triplet fills
- Advanced linear beats & fills
- Finger snaps & triple strokes in Funk
Latin & World Grooves
- Latin percussion demonstrated then adapted to drumkit
- Cuban Son vs Salsa/Songo, Mambo, Guaguanco, Cha Cha, 6/8 Bembe
- Brazilian: Samba, Batucada, Bossa Nova
- African Adowa, Akom, Bikutsi
- Big Band vs Combo playing & improvising
- Basic Jazz patterns, quarter, 8th and triplet independence
- Chart reading, soloing and trading solos
- Brushes, 3/4 Waltzes, New Orleans
- Groove and Fill Workshop: re-orchestrating patterns on the drums
- Rudiments Around The Kit (very extensive)
- Wicked Triplet Fills (advanced)
- Wicked 16th Fills (advanced)
- Specific workouts on the kit aimed to build speed and fluidity across the 4 limbs
- Endurance burners
- 16th, triplet and 16th triplet patterns
- Advanced chop patterns for Song Endings!
- Fully notated snare solos taught from scratch. Beginner to expert level.
- All rudiments: flams, drags, diddles and rolls
- Hybrids: flam rolls, hierta, blushda etc
- 30 Fully notated drum solos; beg to adv
- How to trade 4's, 8's etc in Jazz
- Open drum solo concepts; themes and phrasing
- Soling over hits or shots
- Advanced Chops
- Metric Modulations
- Polyrhythms in beats
- Beat Displacements
- Artificial Rhythms (time inside time)
Studio & Stage
- Recording drums in the studio
- Getting gigs and running a band
- Setting up a PA system and running backing tracks
- Live gig tips, and the drummers gig case
- Drummer health and injury prevention
- 2 and 4 mallet grips and songs
- Mallet selection and confusion!
- Theory: circle of 5ths, notes on the stave, notes on the marimba
- Pedaling and improvising on Vibes
- Congas: setup, tuning & styles
- Bongos & Timbales
- Tambourines: pop, orchestral, pandeiro, tambour
- Cabasa, shakers, caxixi, maracas, clave, tambourim, shakere
- Nature sounds: ocean drum, rain sticks, bird whistle, Tibetan singing bowls
___+ Playalongs and Songs
- Full transcriptions of all your favorite songs!
- Plus playalongs in Rock, Funk, Blues, RnB, Hip Hop, Light Pop, Country, Blue grass, Jazz swing, bebop, 3/4 waltzes, ballads, Celtic, Klezmer, Reggae, Dub-step, Drum n Bass, EDM, Euro dance, Doo Wop and heaps more!
Your new teacher will guide you every step of the way!
Jack Bennett has been a first call drummer in Australia for over 20 years, performing in shows like Bjorn Again, Elton John Experience, national theatre tours of Hair, Grease, Moonshadows, Hedwig & The Angry Inch and he was recently asked to join Cirque du Soleil. As an educator, Jack has been teaching online since before youtube and social media, Icanplaydrums.com started in 2005 and has been at the forefront of online drum education ever since. Jack has 3 solos on the VCE drumkit syllabus and 6 on the ANZCA syllabus, and his Icanplaydrums instructional videos have received worldwide praise in Rhythm magazine, The Age and more.
How does Icanplaydrums PRO compare to private lessons?
- One consistent teacher guiding you
- Over ___ videos on all topics
- Over ___ playalong tracks in all styles
- Step-by-step program guiding you
- Unlimited lesson plans
- Unlimited video reviews
- Downloadable sheet music
- Re-watch any lesson, any time
- Learn from home at your own pace
- Orchestral & Latin percussion
$29 monthly / $235 yearly *